Wednesday, October 1, 2008

weekly delivery 10/01

This week we switched from the Capay Valley box to the Regular box, honestly because we were kinda getting sick of okra and eggplant leftovers.

Here's what came today:

1 bunch crimson grapes
5 slicing tomatoes
1 bunch of radishes
1 big winter squash

A ton of potatoes

2 yellow onions

5 gala apples
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
5 starkrimson pears

I forgot to photograph the baby red leaf lettuce originally, so here is a photo of my tortoise eating some! Isn't he the cutest darling you've ever seen?


Over the weekend Kenny and I wandered into to the new CB2 store that just opened in Union Square and I wanted to buy everything in the store, but I settled for some just placemats to add some color and pattern to my photos. I like them all except I think the green- it does weird things to the color of the food.

I also bought these lights to help with shooting at night. Every food photographer's #1 rule is to shoot using natural light. Too bad for me cuz I'm pretty much always shooting at night, with the exception of the weekly delivery photos which I try to take as soon as the box comes Wednesday morning. I'm super excited to start experimenting with the Ego lights, they should be here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment