Tuesday, February 24, 2009

eggs florentine... sort of

Annnnnd eggs. I love eggs. Katie loves eggs. We especially love poached eggs. This year for Xmas Katie bought me poach pods so I can make them whenever I want, which is always. Tonight we only had 4 eggs and were really hungry so instead of making a hollandaise I added fontina cheese to give an extra layer of richness. You could use any greens for this, and considering we both finished it in .095969 seconds and were screaming "MOAAAR!", this is probably going to become how we use some greens at least once a week. Enough babbling, on to the show:


Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 English muffins
1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
1 bunch spinach roughly chopped
salt, pepper to taste
1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
1/2 an avocado

Get a sauce pan of water on the stove and get it boiling. Toast English muffins. Sprinkle with cheese and return to toaster oven, or oven to get all melty and delicious. Saute your kale and spinach in a pan over medium low heat with a little bit of cooking spray (don't forget to season these). Spray your poach pods, add your eggs, and get them into the boiling water. Cover and cook for about 7 minutes and WHOA, perfectly poached eggs. Layer them up as we did in the picture, or any way you want. Heck, make a sandwich! (Come to think of it, that's a damn good idea!) Eat, and begin craving for more.

2 comments:

  1. I love poached eggs, they are my favorite way to eat eggs. That has always been the one breakfast item that I could count on my mom making. Over cooked yokes drive me batty though! I like them particularly runny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey! I hope you approve of my runny yolk photo. Miss you! -Katie

    ReplyDelete